Antiviral Drugs Market Size to Witness CAGR of 2.5% from 2019 to 2025
Antiviral Drugs Market Size to Witness CAGR of 2.5% from 2019-2025
According to iCognition Insights, the global antiviral drugsmarket size is estimated to be USD 55.91billion in 2019.Rise in the number of cases of viral infections such as hepatitis, influenza, coronavirus, and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is a key driver for global antiviral drugs market growth. Moreover, increasing clinical trials, rising R&D investment, and government initiatives for availability of advanced drugs with lesser adverse effects are some of the factors propelling the market growth.
Based on drug class, the market is segmented into reverse transcriptase inhibitors, neuraminidase inhibitors, DNA polymerase inhibitors,protease inhibitors, and others.On the basis oftype, the market is categorized into generics and branded. By application, the market is categorized into hepatitis, HIV, influenza, herpes, and others.
In 2019, North America accounted for the highest revenue share in the global market and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. This is attributed to the advanced healthcare infrastructure, presence of large number of pharmaceutical & biotechnology firms, and rising awareness initiatives by government. Asia Pacific is projected to exhibit the fastest CAGR over the forecast period.
Some of the major companies in the antiviral drugs market are Bristol Myers Squibb (U.S.), Gilead Sciences, Inc. (U.S.), Cipla Limited (U.S.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Switzerland), Aurobindo Pharma Limited (India), AbbVie Inc. (U.S.), Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (India), Merck & Co., Inc. (U.S.), Johnson & Johnson (U.S.), and GlaxoSmithKline plc (U.K.).
Antiviral DrugsMarket: Key Datapoints-
- Rising cases of viral infections, increasing clinical trials, growing R&D investment are major drivers in the global market
- In 2019, the reverse transcriptase inhibitors segment commanded the maximum revenue share due to increasing R&D initiates by pharmaceutical companies and its ability to slow down the viral infection
- the branded type segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2019 due to rising consumer perception towards high quality branded medicines worldwide
- Hepatitis application segment accounted for the highest revenue share in 2019 and is projected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is projected to exhibit the fastest CAGR over the forecast period owing to the rising prevalence of viral infections, improving healthcare sector, and rising research & development activities in this region
- Some of the major players in the antiviral drugs market are Bristol Myers Squibb, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Cipla Limited, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Aurobindo Pharma Limited, AbbVie Inc., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Merck & Co., Inc., Johnson & Johnson, and GlaxoSmithKline plc
Antiviral Drugs Market Scope-
Antiviral Drugs Market, By Drug Class (Revenue, 2017-2025, USD Billion)
- Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (RTI)
- DNA Polymerase Inhibitors (DPI)
- Neuraminidase Inhibitors (NI)
- Protease Inhibitors (PI)
Antiviral Drugs Market, By Type (Revenue, 2017-2025, USD Billion)
Antiviral Drugs Market, By Application (Revenue, 2017-2025, USD Billion)
Antiviral Drugs Market, By Region (Revenue, 2017-2025, USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA